The Ultimate Retro Gaming Adapter
The Retrode is the world’s most versatile (and fun!) USB adapter for vintage video games. Revive the good old 16-bit times on your computer/smartphone/tablet, using your original cartridges and controllers!
- Cartridge slots for *Sega Genesis/Mega Drive and *Nintendo SNES/SFC games. Access ROM (program/data) and SRAM1 (savegames)!
- 2×2 ports for *Sega and *SNES controllers. Combine them for multi-player fun with up to 4 people!
- Driverless operation on any USB host, under any OS, using any emulator.
- Easy to use, configure and update.
- Expandable using plug-in adapters.
- Dimensions and weight: 162mm x 80mm x 42mm, 220g (6.4″ x 3.2″ x 1.7″, 0.5lbs)
- Made in Germany2.
- Includes USB cable and instruction sheet. Suggested retail price: EUR 65 / USD 85.
- Available from this website (worldwide shipping) or through one of our retail partners.
* These trademarks of other manufacturers are used solely to identify certain products. We are in no way associated or affiliated with their owners.
1 SRAM support is under development (beta phase) for Sega cartridges.
2 The Retrode is built by free, non-suicidal adults for a decent living. Yes, it’s sad that we should have to call this a “feature”, but unlike those cheapo gadget plants on the news, we prefer to have it this way.
How it works
- Find and install emulator. (If you are new to emulation, you may want to check out one of the numerous emulation-related portals.)
- Plug cartridge into Retrode, and connect controllers. Of course, if you only want to use either the cartridge or a controller, that’s fine with us.
- Connect Retrode to computer. No drivers needed.
- Play! Load ROM into the emulator, configure the controllers, and you’ll be playing in no time.
Retrode Usage Notes
(English / Deutsch / Français)